There are so many rules and regulations out there that determine exactly what you need to have in your workplace, whether it’s the temperature in the office or the number of toilets you need in a workplace. We specialise in the latter which means if you’re looking for information on how many toilets you might need for your office or workspace, we’re ready to help you.
There is a lot of information out there that tackles this problem, the right legislation to be looking at is the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992. Within regulation 20, Sanitary conveniences, you’ll find the below:
- Suitable and sufficient sanitary conveniences shall be provided at readily accessible places.
- Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), sanitary conveniences shall not be suitable unless –
- the rooms containing them are adequately ventilated and lit;
- they and the rooms containing them are kept in a clean and orderly condition; and
- separate rooms containing conveniences are provided for men and women except where and so far as each convenience is in a separate room the door of which is capable of being secured from inside.
These are all things that you must follow among other things so make sure that you read through the regulations. Alternatively, give us a call on 0115 811 4242 if you’re interested in a commercial washroom refurbishment and we’ll give you some free advice and plan everything for you!
How many toilets do I need?
So, if you’re unsure about the number of toilets you might need, know that the regulations change depending on the number of people that you have in the workplace at any one time.
They are also dependant on whether or not they’ll be mixed or one sex only. This then means that you have to have a specific number of toilets and hand washbasins for certain sexes.
Mixed or female only toilets
|Max. number of people in the workplace at one time||Number of toilets||Number of washbasins|
Men only toilets
|Max. number of men in the workplace at one time||Number of toilets||Number of urinals|
So, having put the information in an easy to understand format for you so that you’re not digging through pages of text, we hope we’ve been able to help you. Whether you’re just curious about how many commercial washrooms you need or you’re planning on upgrading your washrooms sooner, give us a call on 0115 811 4242 or use our form to contact us. We’ll give you a free quote and run you through our process so that you know exactly what you’re getting from us.